Sunday, October 18, 2009

04 September - Belonging,

continued from Gangotri

Last night we cooked on an open fire. Sunil, his dad and myself. It was cold, around 7 degrees. We all sat around the flame. Spicy noodles, vegetables and ginger chai. It was good. We talked, we laughed, we listened to each other, to the river, to the silence between words. I was tired, it was a long day and was time for bed.

Sunil looked at me with kindness and said, "I am really glad to have met you Vishalin ji. I feel like I have known you, like you are my own brother." I was humbled by his words. I felt the same way toward him. I smiled. I thanked Sunil and his dad for their hospitality and i made my way to my room. Tomorrow would be another long day, I would have to get up at 6:00am the next morning. My trek to Gomukh awaited.