Monday, October 19, 2009

04 September - The Journey,

continued from belonging

I know for sure that i have been to this place before. Everything here is so familiar to me. The flowers, the trees, the rock crevices, the smell of the Himalayan Thulsi. I walked 9 hours today in the Himalayas from Gangotri to the rest stop in Bhojbasha. I crossed 3 rivers, walked along dusty footpaths, saw 3 mountain deer, passed hermitages and caves where sadhus have been living since the time of the ancients. I walked through an amazing forest in Chidwasa. I climbed through rocky crevices and winding pathways. The river is still by my side. She has been constantly leading me. Closer. I am at the rest camp now in Bhojbasa about 12 000 feet above sea level. It is very basic. I am now in a 2x2 hole in the ground covered with metal sheeting. It is dark here. The little light bulb in my room works with solar energy. It has been going off from time to time.

I will take my rest here and tomorrow morning continue toward the source. I have never been a part of scenery this peaceful and pleasant before: the eagles flying above me, the snow-capped mountains, the range of wild flowers in the valleys below me. I feel a deep belonging to this place. I would like the opportunity to continue my sadhana here some day.

Mother guide me. Guru teach me. Spirit find me between these breathes.