Friday, August 14, 2009

Goodbyes

"It is not a garment I cast off this day, but a skin that I tear with my own hands. Nor is it a thought I leave behind me, but a heart made sweet with hunger and with thirst." Humans are usually happy with moving from one vocation to the next. The decision is made for better prospects. For a better chance at survival, (depending on your definition of survival) for better comfort. I have these reasons to be happy. Although, today i was very sad. The sadness still lingers. Some have the gift of detachment. I struggle in this area. I leave behind people and this is my one binding point. There was a brokeness felt today that can not be put in words. Over the last three years i have grown to love some of the people at Avon. I have grown to care for them deeply. I have grown to ache for their dissapointments and heartaches and be happy for their gains and victories. Today was a sad day for me.